CRE Philippines is conducting a virtual quiz bee on March 11, 2022. This quiz bee will cover machine reliability and asset management. The contest is open to any enrolled students taking up a mechanical engineering degree.
CRE Philippines is giving a complimentary review session to universities that will join CRE's free webinar on February 16, 2022. Exciting prices await the winners!
Quiz Bee Mechanics
- The contest is open to any enrolled students taking up a mechanical engineering degree.
- Each university is allowed to send only one representative.
- The quiz bee is individual in nature.
To register for the quiz bee, the participating university must submit the CV of its participant and coach. This quiz bee has no registration fee.
Scope and Coverage
- The quiz bee shall cover general questions on lubrication, oil analysis, and machine reliability.
- There shall be three rounds: EASY, MODERATE, and DIFFICULT.
Quiz Bee Proper
Round 1 (Easy/Elimination)
- There will be 20 questions (worth 2 pts.) to be read by the Quiz Master.
- All participants are going to answer the same set of questions.
- Participants who are in the top 6 proceeds to the next round.
Round 2 (Moderate/Semi-final)
- There will be 10 questions (worth 3 pts.) to be read by the Quiz Master.
- The questions are open for any participant to answer.
- Participants who are in the top 3 proceeds to the next round.
Round 3 (Difficult/Final)
- There will be 7 questions (worth 5 pts.) to be read by the Quiz Master.
- The participants shall be given 10 seconds to answer.
- The participant who gets the highest score will be declared the winner.
- When there is a tie at the end of the last round of this contest, a tie-breaker question will immediately ensue for sudden death.
- Clincher Questions will be given until one team gains an advantage in score over the other.
- The first team to gain an advantage in score shall be declared the winner.